Donna Cooper Legal

Fast After Hours Notarial Services

Donna Cooper Legal provides after hours and weekend notarial services largely to the Dandenong,

Cranbourne, Noble Park, Narre Warren, Berwick, Officer, Pakenham and surrounding communities in Gippsland.


What We Do?

If you have an Australian document which you need to use in another country, or you have an overseas document which needs to be signed in Australia, Donna Cooper Legal can help you.

We assist our clients by administering oaths, affirmations, certifying copies of documents, taking declarations, attesting signatures and preparing notarial certificates for use outside Australia.

What is a Notary Public?

All Notaries are practising lawyers who have the qualifications and experience to prepare, authenticate, attest, witness and certify original and copy legal documents for use overseas. Importantly, this enables the document to be recognised by a foreign government and validly used in another country.

Why use a Notary?

  • If you need a document witnessed for use overseas;
  • If you are applying for dual citizenship;
  • If you need to reapply for an international passport which has been lost;
  • If you need copies of documents certified (such as identity documents)
  • If you need notarisation of University Degrees and Academic Transcripts
  • If you require a Power of Attorney for use overseas (ie India)
  • If you require notarisation of parental consent for children to travel overseas with only one parent or by themselves
  • If you need to prove that your company or business exists in Australia

Recent Articles

To see our recent articles on Indian Powers of Attorney, applying for dual citizenship, or certification of a declaration, read on below.

Common Types of Notarial Acts

Here is a list of the most common types of notarial services we provide for our valued clients

Parental consent for child to travel

Do you need to sign a consent form for your child to travel overseas?

Certifying copies of documents

Often when sending documents overseas, or to a consultate or embassy in Victoria, it is preferable to provide copies of documents, rather than originals.

Signing a document in front of a notary

Have you been advised that you need to sign a document in front of a notary?

Do you need a Power of Attorney for use overseas? Ie India?

If you are an Australian resident, but still have property overseas, for instance in India, you may require my services to prepare a Power of Attorney for you.   What you need to do....

Applying for dual citizenship?

Are you applying for dual citizenship?

Perhaps you have recently become an Australian Citizen, but you also wish to apply for dual citizenship with Sri Lanka and you've been told you will need to see a Notary -here's what to do..